Sunday, January 27, 2013

A New Year...a month late.

It's a new year, and I am a month late in my resolution to post more and keep up with my blog. With a reasonable excuse/excuses. First, I moved over Christmas break. Second, I was slammed by an upper respiratory infection which evolved into a strange fluid-in-the-ears week long drunken state (not cool). This kept me from reading, skating, and all around being myself, because I was unable to visually focus. It was awful.

But I am happy to report that I am on the mend and slowly becoming myself again. Woohoo!

One of the hardest things was being away from derby so long. Skating is an addition, and I am thrilled to get back to the track this week.

I thought that even though I am a month behind in publicizing my New Year's resolutions, I'd share the three things I hope to work on this year.


1. Getting Back to my Art Journals


Prior to landing a teaching job, I was pretty regular with creating art journals. I love the combination of paint and paper scraps paired with written personal expressions and doodles. I will set aside at least 2 hours a weak to work in my art journals and get back to something I love.

2. Cooking


One of the issues with my old house was a crappy kitchen. Our new kitchen is spacious and has usable counter space. With this great addition, I plan to cook more. Thank goodness for Pinterest... I will never need to buy another cookbook again!

3. Getting in Shape


I'm a pretty thin person. This goal is not to lose weight, but to become healthier and be more active. I have no goal weight or calories to count, just a conscious effort to be healthier. Fresh eating and physical activity.

Wish me luck...I'll wish you luck too!

No comments: